What were the top three memorable moments on your wedding day? Why?
- Seeing family and friends again. It has been a while since all the Aunts, Uncles and Cousins were all together. Having everyone in the same room having a great time and all smiles was awesome to see! It was like a family reunion.
- The Tea Ceremony. Growing up seeing other people go through the process, it was neat being a participant. The tea ceremony re-enforced the importance of family and the cultural significance of the ceremony.
- The Dance floor. It was great seeing everyone enjoy the music and the night. Seeing my mom hit the dance floor was really cool (She’s never danced before), and it showed just how happy she was and how much she enjoyed the day.
- Seeing all our friends and family helping out throughout the day when we are all over the place helping out washing dishes, setting up food and decorations and whatever else we needed that we didn’t think of.
- The wedding ceremony at Sacred Heart. I knew at that moment walking down the aisle that this was really happening and that both Peter and I would announce our love to each other forever and our family and friends witnessing it.
- The reception dinner. Celebrating with our family and friends and seeing them enjoy the healthy drinks from Juicingdaily.net and the food, laughing and cheering and dancing the night away. It was great to see everyone that we haven’t seen in a long time and I definitely felt the love all around.
where are you going for your honeymoon? Any special reason for going there?
Groom: I believe we’ll be hitting up Singapore. We could have opted for a more relaxing vacation, but myself and Jennie love adventure and exploring new scenery. Being big foodies, we thought Singapore would not only be a great place to have new adventures, but to also get fat trying new foods.
Bride: Peter and I love to eat, so why not pick a destination that we haven’t been to and has lots of culinary options like Singapore! We’ve always wanted to go but never thought about when to take the trip, so the honeymoon was perfect timing.
What are the best wedding advice that you want to share with other couples
Groom: Leading up to the wedding, it was pretty stressful. We were going through a bunch of stuff, but a lot of people told us to take a step back, and just take a look at everything, be in the moment and to take it all in. Myself and Jennie were having the time of our lives, but at one point of the night, I just kind of stood there and panned the room. I just remember thinking to myself and saying…. “holy smokes, we did it! We pulled this off!!” Seeing our family and friends also having a great time and being able to share our special day with all of them just made it that much more memorable. So my advice, take a step back, take it all in, cause it’ll be over in a flash, and you’ll miss being in those happy moments.
Bride: I was lucky to have a husband who planned 80% of the wedding and was patient with me throughout the entire process. I would say the best piece of advice is each day leading up to the wedding, make sure you listen to each other ideas and are patient with each other. As it can be a hectic and stressful time as you want to make everything perfect, there will always be something that might not go your way. Let it go and move on and have fun on your day. Take a step back and snap shot in your memories as they will pass you by faster than you think. Live in the moment but make sure to visit the guests you invited.